This week's General Knowledge Quiz has a bit of a topical twist for you - all of the questions are inspired by what's trending online today.
As always, the questions are aiming for that middling difficulty level - most teams will hopefully get into double digits, and the winning team might only miss one or two points.
You could use this quiz as a hosted event, or print it out with the answers printed on the back of the page for guests to tackle in their own time.
- Which character in The Big Bang Theory is played by Kaley Cuoco? (1 point) Penny
- Which football teams does Lionel Messi currently play for? (2 points) Barcelona (club team) & Argentina (national team)
- A new London Underground line - currently known by its project name, Crossrail - will open in 2018 under what name? (1 point) The Elizabeth Line (named after Queen Elizabeth II)
- Smalt is a shade of what colour? (1 point) Blue
- What 'melts in your mouth, not in your hands'? (1 point) M&Ms
- What is the capital city of Iraq? (1 point) Baghdad
- 7-for-7: Name seven signs of the Zodiac. (up to 7 points) Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn
- Which living artist sold the most expensive piece of art ever, and what was the piece of art? (2 points) Damien Hirst, Diamond-encrusted Skull
- Who composed the music for Billy Elliot - the Musical? (1 point) Elton John
- Which planet in our Solar System spins the fasted?? (1 point) Jupiter (rotates once every 10 hours)
- In Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, what does the Caterpillar hold? (1 point) A Hookah (Shisha) Pipe
- Besides Harry himself, who is the first witch or wizard we meet in the Harry Potter series? (1 point) Minerva McGonagall
- What is the next number in this sequence: 10, 8, 16, 14, 28? (1 point) 26 (the pattern is subtract 2, multiply by 2, subtract 2, multiply by 2...)
- Who wrote The Picture of Dorian Gray? (1 point) Oscar Wilde
- In what year did Albert Einstein die? (1 point) 1955 (April 18th, in Princeton, NJ)
Total number of points up for grabs = 23
Difficulty level = Moderate (average scores should be fairly high)
I'll upload another new General Knowledge quiz next Wednesday - check back on Friday for Who In The World Am I- Part Two!
The VE 🙂