Well, welcome to March - Spring has officially sprung... Not that there's that much sign of that here in the UK!
Hopefully wherever you are is warm and sunny and you're having a great day!
This week's General Knowledge quiz works loosely on the theme of New Things, in honour of a new month.
- Who designed the very first 'flying machine'? (1 point) Leonardo da Vinci
- In what month does the financial (fiscal) year start in the UK and USA? (2 points) April (UK) & October (USA)
- In 1765, Dr. William Shippen opened the first formal training for which profession? (1 point) Midwifery
- In what year was the song I Love Rock n Roll first in the charts? (1 point) 1982 (Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)
- Which car manufacturer states it provides 'the ultimate driving machine'? (1 point) BMW
- Genoa is a city in which European country? (1 point) Italy
- 7-for-7: Name seven Spanish football (soccer) teams. (up to 7 points) Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Sevilla, Villarreal, Real Sociedad, Valencia, Celta, Levante, Malaga, Rayo
- What is the process - beginning with the letter M - by which a biological cell reproduces itself and divides in two? (1 point) Mitosis (NOT meiosis - meiosis halves the chromosomes, meaning it is not a reproduction of the original cell)
- Whose account of Jesus' life is presented first in the New Testament? (1 point) Matthew
- How many Oscars did the film Titanic receive? (1 point) Eleven
- Of what profession was Popeye? (1 point) A Sailor/Seaman
- What is the Kabbalah? (1 point) A system of Jewish mystical beliefs
- Who painted the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel? (1 point) Michelangelo
- From which cactus is tequila made? (1 point) Agave
- After which animals are the Canary Islands named? (1 point) Dogs
Total number of points up for grabs = 22
Difficulty level = Moderate to Hard
I'll upload another new General Knowledge quiz next Wednesday - check back on Friday for Who In The World Am I- Part Three!
The VE 🙂