It's a Wednesday... There are many things this could mean... One of them is: It's Quiz Day!
The Wednesday Quizzes are all General Knowledge to appeal to a wide audience demographic. From young families to older guests, there'll be something for all!
I upload new quizzes and activities every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (US: Sorcerer's) Stone, Harry's glasses are held together by what? (1 point) Sellotape (US: Scotch Tape)
- Of what is coulrophobia a fear? (1 point) Clowns (coulro = greek for 'one who goes on stilts')
- Obama became the first sitting American President in 88 years to go to which South American country, and who was the previous president to go there? (2 points) Country: Cuba, President: Calvin Coolidge
- Neurologist Oliver Sacks wrote a book, titled after a case of a man who mistook his wife for what object? (1 point) Hat (Book Title: The Man Who Mistook His Wife For A Hat)
- In what year did Columbia Records produce the first vinyl record? (1 point) 1948
- Which company was the highest value brand in 2015? (1 point) Apple
- 7-for-7: Name seven words that rhyme with ship. (up to 7 points) Hip, Dip, Rip, Tip, Kip, Trip, Clip, Drip, Blip, Zip
- Can you name the members of Enid Blyton's Famous Five? (up to 5 points) Julian, Dick, Anne, Georgina (George) and Timmy (the dog)
- Who created the character Peter Rabbit? (1 point) Beatrix Potter
- Justin Bieber formerly dated which ex-Disney star? (1 point) Selena Gomez
- According to the common saying, life begins at what age? (1 point) 40
- The Spanish painter Valazquez painted the famous Las Meninas royal portrait, but what was his first name? (1 point) Diego
- What is the capital city of India? (1 points) New Delhi
- With reference to technology, what does PC stand for? (1 point) Personal Computer
- Which Looney Tunes character was originally pink and called Orsen? (1 point) Tweety Pie
Total number of points up for grabs = 26
Difficulty level = Moderate
I'll upload another new General Knowledge quiz next Wednesday - next post will be on Friday!
The VE 🙂