This themed quiz mixes celebrity with literature, politics with pop culture... If someone in the public eye has said it, then it could be in this quiz.
To win a point you need to identify who originally said the quoted phrase.
It is also possible to offer this as a multiple choice quiz, to narrow down the options. Below, I have included just the correct answers.
- Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations. (1 point) Steve Jobs
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. (1 point) Oscar Wilde
- I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. (1 point) Groucho Marx
- The golden rule is that there are no golden rules. (1 point) George Bernard Shaw
- Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. (1 point) Mark Twain
- I may be drunk, Miss. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. (1 point) Sir Winston Churchill
- I'd like to live like a poor man - only with lots of money. (1 point) Pablo Picasso
- Well-behaved women rarely make history. (1 point) Marilyn Monroe
- It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you down. It's the pebble in your shoe. (1 point) Muhammad Ali
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. (1 point) Charlie Chaplin
- Adults are just outdated children. (1 point) Dr Seuss
- One true nationality is mankind. (1 point) H.G.Wells
- We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do. (1 point) Mother Teresa
- Be the change you want to see in the world. (1 point) Mahatma Gandhi
- Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. (1 point) Bruce Lee
Not just a quiz, but some food for thought too!
Do you have any favourite quotes? Please share them in the comments!
The VE 🙂