Well it's that time of year where you have to remember to tell the person that you love that you love them... Valentine's Day is on Sunday and whilst some people are opting for a simple 7p card (yes - that's right! A Valentine's Day card for £0.07!), others might be treating their loved one to a weekend break with you!
Here's a Valentine's Day Luvvy Duvvy Quiz to mark the occasion:
- In Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice, who does Elizabeth Bennett fall in love with? (1 point) Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy
- Jewel Akens released a song about love in 1964 which makes reference to two animals, what is the song called? (1 point) The Birds and the Bees
- Who was the Roman goddess of Love? (1 point) Venus
- What is the name of India's 366-year-old Monument of Love? (1 point) Taj Mahal
- True or False: In 1991, the voice actors for Minnie and Mickey Mouse married in real-life. (1 point) True
- In a lonely hearts ad, what does GSOH mean? (1 point) Good Sense of Humour
- Who married Elvis Presley in 1967? (1 point + bonus point for maiden name) Priscilla Presley (nee Wagner)
- Which singer asked 'what's love got to do with it' in 1984? (1 point) Tina Turner
- Who was the third wife of King Henry VIII? (1 point) Jane Seymour
- Which US President never married? (1 point) James Buchanan (15th President of USA, 1857-61)
- What is the traditional gift for a 10th wedding anniversary? (1 point) Tin
- In recent years, couples have taken to padlocking a lock marked with their initials on the 'love lock' bridge in which city? (1 point) Paris (the real name of the bridge is: Pont de l'Archeveche)
- Gamophobia is a fear of what? (1 point) Marriage
- Which 1998 film is a Rom-Com about a famous Elizabethan writer? (1 point) Shakespeare in Love
- What is the most common colour of a bride's wedding dress, worldwide? (1 point) Red
Have a good Valentine's weekend!
Do you have any other good love-related quiz questions?
The VE 🙂