It's time for another General Knowledge Quiz for you!
Enjoy this new collection of quiz questions, aimed at an 'average' vacation audience - not too easy, not too hard - the focus is very much on having a laugh.
You could use this quiz as a hosted event, or print it out with the answers removed for guests to tackle in their own time.
- What type of calculator offers the option to use sin, cos or tan? (1 point) Scientific Calculator
- What was the first plant to flower in space? (1 point) Zinna - reported in January 2016
- In which city will you find Hershey's Chocolate World and factory? (1 point) Hershey, Pennsylvania (PA)
- Of what is acrophobia a fear? (1 point) Heights
- What was the highest value company (net worth) at the close of 2015? (1 point) Apple (Net worth = $741.8bn)
- In early February 2016, miners in Angola discovered a 404-carat Virtually Flawless (VF) diamond, it's huge, but not the largest in the world. Who owns the world's largest white diamond? (1 point + Bonus Point for Name of Diamond) The British Monarch, Queen Elizabeth II (First Star of Africa (Cullinan Diamond), in Sovereign's Sceptre)
- 7-for-7: Name the seven dwarfs. (7 points) Dopey, Sneezey, Bashful, Grumpy, Happy, Doc, Sleepy
- What is Europe's most mountainous country? (1 point) Switzerland
- What is the name for a male adult pig? (1 point) Boar
- Kiki Dee's biggest 1970s hit was a duet with with other singer? (1 point + Bonus Point for name of song) Elton John (Don't Go Breaking My Heart)
- What is the capital city of Barbados? (1 point) Bridgetown
- Which Disney film is 'Give a Little Whistle' from? (1 point) Pinocchio
- Which Zodiak sign is represented by a fish-tailed ram? (1 point) Capricorn
- Which dessert is named after a famous ballerina? (1 point) Pavlova
- How many pieces does each backgammon player use? (1 point) Fifteen
Total number of points up for grabs = 23
Difficulty level = Moderate (average scores should be fairly high)
Keep coming back for more engaging guest activities, including next week's Wednesday Quiz!
The VE 🙂